ARO, a global manufacturer of products for the management of fluids in industrial operations and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, introduces conductive polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) 1” and 2” pumps, its newest addition to the EXP range of process and automation ready diaphragm pumps. The new conductive PVDF pumps answer customers’ needs for efficient and reliable fluid management solutions for applications involving highly corrosive fluids transfer in hazardous duty environments like chemical processing, pharmaceutical, agrochemicals and general manufacturing.
«With this new product we wanted to raise the bar on reliability, automation capability, safety and sustainability of pumping solutions in this category,» said Julien Basset global Diaphragm Pump product leader at ARO. «Customers no longer have to compromise the cost of ownership to ensure chemical compatibility and ATEX conformity. We designed the new pumps to reduce wasted time, energy and resources, and to minimize the exposure to chemicals while also lowering the chances for human error when operating or repairing pumps.»
The new addition to the ARO portfolio offers a conductive PVDF wetted 1” and 2” port sizes driven by the advanced EXP pneumatic motor technology. Compared to machined conductive polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) solutions, the new ARO pumps offer similar explosion protection, same tier chemical compatibility along with best in class reliability, leak-resistant design, which translate to one of the lowest downtime and cost of ownership in this product category.
To improve productivity the new EXP diaphragm pumps can be seamlessly enhanced with remote actuation and monitoring sensors without changing their hazardous duty (ATEX Group II 2DG) conformity. Additionally the ARO® convoluted and Long-Life PTFE diaphragms last up to two times longer than traditional diaphragms and they don’t require inversion during assembly.
The features of the new conductive PVDF 1” and 2” EXP pumps include:
- Stainless steel hardware and inserts reinforcing the plastic structure of the pump reducing the leak and reliability risks related to plastic parts creeping over time. This contributes to a longer and leak-free operational lifetime with fewer emergency repairs and pump replacements.
- Flow rate and leak monitoring combined with remote actuation features reduce the need for on-site human intervention and supervision.
- Light weight construction due to the lower density of the PVDF material. The 2” ARO®PVDF pump is up to 60 percent lighter than a similar 2” pure PTFE pump.
In addition it offers lower total cost of ownership thanks to:
- Up to 50 percent lower purchase cost compared to a similar 2” PTFE pumps due to lower cost of raw materials.
- Longer replacement cycles compared to PTFE pumps due to the probable risk of leakages caused by plastic parts creeping over time.
- Less repair time and cost due to fewer parts and simple to use repair kits.
For more information about ARO, visit www.AROzone.com
 ATEX (Atmosphères Explosibles) Directive 2014/34/EU¹ is the European Regulatory Framework for the manufacture, installation and use of equipment in explosive atmospheres.