Ruland rigid couplings for food equipment
Ruland rigid couplings have high torque capacity, accuracy, and repeatability, making them the ideal choice for food equipment. Designers of food processing, baking, and packaging equipment benefit from the Nypatch anti-vibration hardware, precision honed bores, and high torque of Ruland rigid couplings.
Precision honed bores on straight bore rigid couplings
Ruland straight bore rigid couplings are manufactured with precision honed bores for concentricity to ensure the coupling does not introduce misalignment or vibration into the system. This reduces wear on components such as bearings and shafts and helps maintain consistent system performance.
Proprietary Nypatch anti-vibration coating
Ruland supplies clamp type rigid couplings with proprietary Nypatch anti-vibration coating to prevent screws from loosening during operation. Nypatch is a 360-degree coating applied to several screw threads allowing for multiple screw insertions and providing the necessary dissimilar material to prevent galling on stainless steel type couplings. Significant time is saved in assembly as hardware needs no additional treatment prior to use.
Ruland manufactures rigid couplings in 1215 lead-free steel with a proprietary black oxide finish for general purpose food applications, 2024 aluminium for low inertia, and 303 stainless steel for sanitized environments. Two-piece rigid couplings have a balanced design for reduced vibration and improved system performance.
Available in one- and two piece clamp and set screw styles
Rigid couplings from Ruland are available in one- and two-piece clamp and set screw styles with inch or metric bores in straight or step configurations giving systems designers a wide variety of standard options to choose from. Bore sizes range from 1/8 inch to 2 inches and 3 mm to 50 mm. Special configurations such as no cross-cut, 316 stainless, and inch-to-metric bores are available by request. All Ruland rigid couplings are manufactured from select North American bar stock in Ruland’s factory in Marlborough, Massachusetts, under strict controls using proprietary processes. Full product information, 2D and 3D CAD files, installation videos, and more are available on ruland.com.
Main characteristics of Ruland Rigid Couplings for Food Equipment:
- Precision honed bores on straight bore rigid couplings for superior fit and torque transmission and alignment
- Proprietary Nypatch anti-vibration coating used on clamp type hardware
- Two-piece styles have a balanced design for reduced vibration at high speeds
- RoHS3 and REACH compliant
- Carefully made in Ruland’s factory in Marlborough, Massachusetts, and available for immediate delivery
- Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc. is a privately owned family company founded in 1937. Ruland has carefully and responsibly manufactured high performing shaft collars, rigid couplings, and motion control couplings for the past 40 years. Ruland’s product line was recently expanded to include a variety of machine components from select manufacturers that align with Ruland’s performance and quality standards.
- Contact in Europe: PTMotion GmbH – a Ruland company: ptmotion.de
- Contact in Italy: Getecno, getecno.it