FN/FC-FA safety brake is a single-disc spring applied electromagnetic brake in monobloc version, with state-of-the-art IEC or SAE (on demand) flanges.
The spring applied brake is open in operation conditions whereas in case of emergency or machine stop it closes, so performing the braking.
It is a brake with manifold characteristics that make it perfect in endless applications.
Its main properties are the following:
- The high flexibility given by the possibility of choosing the braking power, with customized calibrations as protection of gearboxes, moving loads and/or machines
- The long service life, due to the adjustability and possibility of being exploited until the life end, making it more durable
- The user-friendly “plug & play” assembly between motor and gearmotor
- The high centering precision, in the order of some hundredths
- The possibility of ascertaining its condition: open or closed by means of the sensor
- Low inertia
Like the other M.W.M. brakes, FN/FC-FA is 100% made in Italy, needs a short lead time due to the broad warehouse and it can be customized to better suit customers’ requirements.
An application example
In the example shown in figure 2, the customer of M.W.M. freni frizioni srl has used FN/FC-FA in a machine for the coil handling. The brake installed between motor and gearmotor, as safety brake, is operated when the tension is off, so avoiding the fall of coils. Moreover, it is used in operation to stop the load in case of need. Finally, the brake has been made more compact to offer a better quality/price ratio to the customer.
Another application example is shown in figure 3. The brake FN/FC-FA is installed in a ceramic processing machine: here the brake stops the machine in case of lack of tension.
Fig. 1 – FN/FC-FA spring applied electromagnetic brake